Zuma Valley Organic Young Coconut Meat is the perfect vegan addition to every dish! Substitute our Tender Young Coconut Meat for tofu in any recipe to get a tasty boost of potassium and fiber.
You have got to try this Coconut Pineapple Rice!
Coconut Pineapple Rice
Add Zuma Valley Tender Young Coconut Meat to this classic pineapple fried rice recipe for a tropical twist!
Write a review
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water (for preparing rice)
- 1 cup Zuma Valley Tender Young Coconut Meat (thawed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 cups spinach or kale
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Add water to a pot and boil. Add rice and prepare following rice cooking instructions.
- Chop onion and dice zucchini.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok. Add onion and zucchini and sauté until just tender.
- Chop spinach/kale and add to the vegetable mixture in the wok.
- Grate fresh ginger and add salt and pepper to the vegetables.
- When the rice has finished cooking, add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Add thawed Zuma Valley Organic Tender Young Coconut Meat to the wok and sauté.
- Cut a pineapple in half lengthwise. Scoop out the center to create a bowl. Chop the leftover pieces and add to the rice in the wok.
- Spoon the rice into the pineapple "bowl".
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
Zuma Valley http://zumavalley.com/